Please ensure How Do I Set Up Selenity eExpenses Integration API User for Civica Scheduling? is completed first and you have referred How Do I Set Up Claimant User on Selenity so the integration works with Civica Scheduling? to before continuing through this support article.
This guide assumes you have taken all the actions required on Selenity - this article walks you through the next steps you need to take on Civica Scheduling to get the integration between Selenity and Civica Scheduling working.
- Check with Civica Scheduling staff that Show Selenity Settings is selected on the admin panel of your account
- First log into Civica Scheduling and press the “Settings” button in the top right of the screen.
- Once on the Settings screen, press the Selenity tab
- Enter the Selenity Company ID, Username and Password of this newly created Civica Scheduling API user
- Staff to be alerted on failure – this is the NHS admin staff member you would like to be informed if there has been a failure point during the integration process (for example if the staff member had multiple vehicles or multiple vehicle journey rates)
- Go live from – this is the date you would like the nightly export to run for all staff. For instance, if you want to manually test with a couple of staff before Go Live. This can be done using the manual mileage export tool (further details below). If you are unsure what date, put a date far into the future and after your testing period. You can always edit it again to a closer date at a later point.
- Split overnight shifts after how many minutes between Visits? - This allows you to set how many minutes you would like on overnight visits to split apart. For example, 240 minutes (4 hours) would mean a visit A, B, and C starting at at 00:00 and a visit D, E, F, G starting at 09:00 would be split into 2 lots of visits. Please see Overnight Visits in Selenity for further information
- press Save
- Under Additional Settings, select the access level for your company from the dropdown - this will either be User Level Access or Account Level Access. If User Level Access has been selected, continue to the Save button. If Account Level Access has been selected, pick the Expense Sub Category/Expense Item - Mileage is the one we would normally expect although yours may be different - press Save.
- Current Vehicle Journey Rate Categories – This is the complete list of Vehicle Journey Rates from Selenity. If this list has populated, it will indicate that Civica Scheduling and Selenity are communicating with each other.
Once settings have been configured and User Configuration has been set up, you may or may not have reached your Go Live date. If you have not reached your Go Live date and want to run the mileage export manually, please follow these steps:
On Civica Scheduling , go to Settings -> Selenity, scroll to the bottom and select Manual Mileage Export
- It is crucial that you have selected a group in the top banner. If you have All Groups selected, no staff will show. For the integration to work, all the following criteria must be met:
- They must be a member of the group you have selected
- The account or the staff member has an expense item set in Civica Scheduling
- The staff member has a correct postcode - the mileage will not go through if this is not valid
- All visits have correct postcodes - the mileage will not go through if this is not valid
- The staff member has attendances for at least two addresses for that date in Civica Scheduling
- There is a User in Selenity with a matching username
- Select the date you would like to manually run for
- Tick the staff you would like to manually run for
Please Note: When a Manual Mileage Export has been submitted, you will receive an INCORRECT error message stating that this did not go through. Please ignore this as the mileage will have gone through. Unfortunately, this error message has been given by Selenity API which we have no control over to amend.
Once you have reached your Go Live date, any mileage recorded against the staff member within Civica Scheduling will automatically show within Selenity as part of an overnight routine. This will create a new claim if one isn't in place, but will just add to the claim if one is already in place. Automated claims can duplicate manual claims so please ensure your go-live date is after your testing period.
Automated update routine: This checks whether a Civica Scheduling staff member has a Vehicle Journey Rate Category set and does not require you to do anything to run it. If the staff member does not already have a Vehicle Journey Rate Category set, it then uses the matching Employee Reference to see what their Vehicle Journey Rate has been set as within Selenity. If the Selenity user only has one vehicle with one rate, it will populate Civica Scheduling with this rate in the background. This is the expected behaviour in most cases. However, if this is not the case, the nightly routine will raise a message within Civica Scheduling to the Staff to be alerted on failure and the staff member who experienced the failure. If multiple vehicles or multiple vehicle journey rates is incorrect, then this must be corrected within Selenity.
Please Note: Visits take 48 hours before they go over to Selenity unless manually completed.
Please Note: For visits with large time spans between them such as: visit 1 (9.00 am) and visit 2 (23.00 pm), the mileage is calculated as 'home --v1--v2--home'. The mileage is not calculated as home--v1--home--v2 --home in the case where the staff member goes back home.
Please Note: if visit has no postcode or is invalid, an error will pop up
Please Note: A completed visit goes by the check out time. This means that the Selenity mileages will be transferred from Civica Scheduling once a check out has been completed to the visit.
Please Note: The mileages are calculated based on the post code provided for the user in Civica Scheduling . I.e. not based on the postcode set in Selenity.
Please Note: Route back to origin needs to be enabled for the integration to work and include staff home postcode
Please Note: All claims sent from Civica Scheduling will also include 'home-to-office deduction type' and a reason labelled as 'Civica Scheduling' into Selenity.
Please Note: All staff need to have the employee reference field completed with the ESR Assignment Number from Selenity.