The Week View is a calendar that will present you with your schedule for a whole week. In addition to this, it will present the Visits in easy-to-see cards. Furthermore, you will be able to get a visual indication of any unallocated visits, what your staff members are currently allocated to, and which staff members are available to take Visits.
You can access the Week View by clicking Visits and then selecting Week View.
You have the ability to filter information on this page:
Event Group Filter View
You will see filtering options displayed at the top of the page, these will give you the ability to refine the information that is showing on the page:
- You can select your start date which will default to today.
- You can filter for an individual staff member, patient, and/or site
- You can filter for a specific service
Further to this, you can also filter by the type and group:
4a. The group type has 2 dropdowns, the first is Visit which goes by the visit group, this can be updated by editing the event or repeating event.
4b. The second drop-down allows the filter type by Staff Patient and Site. With this option selected, Civica Scheduling will pull through any visits which have the selected group applied to it in either area i.e. the Staff, Patient and Site. This can sometimes mean it will load a Patient that is in 'Group B' when you're filtering by 'Group A' due to the staff member or the site being in 'Group A', this will also work vice versa, if you filter by 'Group A', it will show staff members in 'Group A' that have been assigned to a 'Group B' visit.
5. You can filter with an individual group or multiple groups.
Staff/Patient/Site Filter Visit View
You can select your start date (so you can select the middle of the week and view Wednesday - Tuesday if you prefer for example). It defaults to Monday of this week.
You can filter for a Group, Staff, Patient, or Service.
- Filter by group - you have the choice to filter by a group based on staff member or group based on the Patient.
- Filter by a staff member - Only lists that staff member. This is useful if you want to know what a specific staff member is doing.
- Filter by a patient- Only lists that patient. This is useful if you want to know what visits a specific Patient has.
- Filter by site - Only shows visits that have been associated with that site.
- Filter by service - Only shows that service across all staff members. This is useful if you want to see what overnight visits you are doing for instance.
You can see on the right-hand side of the screenshot above there are a few different colours. The visits are colour coded depending upon their status:
- Blue - this is a regular visit, without any problems.
- Light Blue - the patient is in a different group to the allocated staff member
- Dark Green - this is a double up visit.
- Light Green - this is a completed visit.
- Yellow - there is some kind of problem such as a clash, too many staff allocated, staff is untrained on the service(s), incompatibility.
- Red - this will show if the staff members is unavailable for that visit. Please note this could either be for a portion of the visit (e.g. for the first 5 minutes) or for the entire visit duration.
- Grey - this shows staff leave.
- Black - the visit has been cancelled.
Before you press the allocate staff button, all your visits will show in the top section entitled, "No Staff Allocated".
Here you can see some examples of visits showing with warnings:
If a visit card has a target symbol in the top left corner, this indicates this is a Virtual visit. (What is a Virtual Visit and How do I create one?)
If a visit card has a number in the top right corner, this will indicate that this visit has previously changed the date. For each time a visit is edited to change the date, the number will increase. Please note, if you use the Week view to change the date of a visit, you will receive an Alert message as well.
Each visit on the week view is like a little card - you can drag and drop them so that you can change the staff member or the day of the week on the visit quickly.
You can choose to show them in full view
or compact view
You can select the default behaviour in Account Settings
In the full view, there are a few options on each visit:
Details - this gives you a bit more information about the visit on the page.
View - this takes you to a page with a lot more information about the visit.
Edit - this takes you to a page which allows you to make a whole range of different changes.
Map - this shows the visit location on Google Map
Allocate - this opens up a window which gives you a range of contextual information to help you decide who to best reallocate the visit to, such as in the example below:
If it is switched on in Account Settings you can show the reason why a visit has not allocated.
It will show in green if it is one half of a double up that has successfully allocated. It will show in yellow if there is a possible problem (on hover over will specify the reason) and will show in red if there is no default allocated
At the bottom of each list of visits per day, there is more information:
Hours Worked - this is the total time your staff have been with patients, often known as contact time.
Travel Time - this is the estimated time they have taken traveling between the postcodes, times taken from a third party service. It does not take into account variations in traffic or any gaps in the day.
Mileage - this is the accurate distance they have travelled between postcodes, distances taken from a third party service. It assumes the shortest route and does not take into account any gaps in the day.
The little map icon then allows you to view this on Google Maps
[+] symbol - allows you to add an extra visit quickly
If your staff member has been marked as not a driver instead it will just show:
As well as showing information for each day, we also give you information and options under each staff member's name:
PDF icon - gives you a PDF of the visits for that staff member for the week you are looking at
Grey sheets icon - gives you separate sheets on PDF for each visit for that staff member for the week you are looking at
Collapse Row icon - allows you to tidy that staff member away temporarily
Contracted Hours - this is set on your staff profile and is the total number of hours they are prepared to work
Total Hours - this is the total number of contact hours they have worked
Total Travel Time - this sums up the total travel time listed under each day
Total Mileage - this sums up the total mileage listed under each day
Note in respect to total hours - If a visit spans a week period then it will just total up the number of hours shown
e.g. Visit 1 starts at 22:00 on 31st January and finishes at 08:00 on 1st February
Visit 2 starts at 22:00 on 7th February and finishes at 08:00 on 8th February
If you run off jobsheets for the period 1st February - 7th February then:
- Visit 1 would show 8 hours on 1st February (ie 00:00 - 08:00)
- Visit 2 would show 2 hours on 7th February (ie 22:00 - 00:00)
Please note - this is a different way from calculating time on the payroll or total hours report, which calculates the number of hours from the period in which the visit started - see Troubleshooting Payroll
- My Week view/planner is too big!
- How do I assign / allocate staff to my visits?
- How can I move a single or one-off visit on the week view?
- How do I see what visits I've got booked in for the week?
- How do I automatically allocate default staff?
- What are Display Settings, within Account Settings?
- How do I add new Staff?
- Troubleshooting Payroll
- What is a Virtual Visit and How do I create one?