The Civica Scheduling mobile app will allow staff whilst on-site to send a message to a senior nurse or admin in a way that is actionable and auditable.
Please note: This is not a substitute for replacing the need to record information clinically but is designed to prompt discussion at a safety huddle, for example, scheduling changes such as a change in care plan or requesting an assessment visit.
1) The staff member must log-onto their mobile device and click into a visit.
2) On a visit, the user will see a 'View Messages' button.
Clicking the button, the user will see any messages that have been
created from the app and also have the ability to create a message.
3) The next step is to create a message.
Click New Message and select the receiving staff member(s), such as another nurse, senior nurse, admin. (N.B- It’s optional to select a staff member)
The recipient will get notified by email that a message has been sent to them.
The Message types can be defined in the admin section, such as “Non-Compliance”, “Raise at Safety Huddle” etc. These can be subsequently reported on.
A short message can now be typed.
Click Create message
Remember- A message can only be created and then responded to. When it has been responded to it is marked as resolved.
4) The message is then sent. (Messaging will work in offline mode should the user not have internet access. Once an internet connection has been established the message will be sent automatically)
If a staff member was selected, they will receive an email alert.
The staff member will be alerted to the new message via:
2) See a new message alert in the main Civica Scheduling application via the dashboard
3) Be able to download the messages raised report (for example to take to reviews/huddles)
Account Managers have visibility of all messages raised on the system and can resolve them.
5) Once responded to the message is classed as resolved. A report can then be created on all outstanding messages or comments.