There could be multiple reasons as to why the mileage is showing as zero for some of the visits on the payroll report(s).
Go through each and every one of these steps:
On the spreadsheet:
- check whether this is the first visit of the day. If it is the first visit of the day then there is a setting under Pay Rates where you can select to Pay Mileage From Home or Pay Mileage To Home.
- check whether there is a large gap of time between that visit and previous visit. If there is, then the mileage will be zero. This because in the settings we have an option where you can set how long of a gap the staff member should have before resetting their mileage.
On the Patient profile:
- check whether the postcode is missing, it shows the full address in search results
- check whether the postcode is actually correct - Civica Scheduling will tell you if the postcode is invalid (see above) and you can click on the little map icon on the bottom left when viewing Patient profile. If the postcode is missing or incorrect, then Civica Scheduling will not be able to locate where you need to go, resulting in no miles being calculated.
On the staff profile:
- ensure that staff are set as drivers (this would effect all of that staff member's visits), if staff are not set as drivers then Civica Scheduling will not calculate their miles.
On the compact view:
- check whether that visit has been cancelled, if the visit has been cancelled, even if you have set to pay your staff, Civica Scheduling will not calculate the mileage since no-one is working there.
In the settings:
- be sure to check that the mileage rate has been set for that staff member's pay rate (this would effect all of that staff member's visits), if the mileage rate has not been set then Civica Scheduling will give a 'mileage paid' of 0.
If there are still visits that are zero that don't meet any of those criteria we can then look at those.