This is available with the Financial Package as part of payroll and invoicing.
The amount paid per mile is set as part of the pay rate. Therefore staff can be paid different (or no) mileage based on the pay rate they are on.
Pay from home, pay to home and gaps in day
On a pay rate you can decide if you pay a staff member to their first job of the day from home and/or form their last job to home.
In addition if they only have a small number of visits a day, and long gaps or breaks, then you can set how long the maximum gap is before you've considered they've gone home (and the 'day' starts again).
You have decided to pay from home to to first job, but not from last job back home
9-10am visit A
12pm-1pm visit B
1:30pm -2pm visit C
if the maximum break setting is 2 hours and you pay from home:
- they WILL be paid from home to visit A (as you pay from home)
- they WILL NOT be paid for A to B as that gap is 2 hours or longer
- they WILL NOT be paid from A to home
- they WILL be paid from home to visit B (as the day restarted)
- they WILL be paid from visit B to visit C (as the gap is under 2 hours)
- they WILL NOT be paid from visit C to home (as you pay FROM home only)
If you wanted to pay from A to B (ie you pay up to and including 2 hours then the gap should be set to 1hr 59min)
The mileage is based on travel distances via roads. Travel time is calculated from one visits post code to the next visits post code and so on. If you are noticing the travel time is incorrect, it may be because the post code field has not been inputted or the post code is invalid for a visit.