You can use Civica Scheduling to record when your staff are away on annual leave as well as record what jobs they are doing.
Adding Annual Leave, Absences, or Sick Leave
To book a staff member on annual leave you need to go to that staff member's profile by clicking on Staff in the navigation bar then View All Staff. If you click on the staff member's name this will take you to their record.
Click on the Leave tab. From here you can add the Start At time and date, End At time and date, Reason for Leave and add a Comment.
- When you enter the times and dates the page will dynamically reload to show you what jobs may be affected by the leave period you are booking, such as in the example below:
You can now choose to Save and Unallocate or just Save the leave.
- Save and Unallocate - this will remove the staff member from all of these jobs, leaving them unallocated (or only allocated to one person if they are double-ups). This is useful if you would like all these jobs to be considered along with any other unallocated jobs you have on the system or the jobs are likely to be allocated to a few other staff members.
- Save - this will keep the staff member allocated to all of these jobs, meaning that the jobs will show as a clash (in yellow) on the week view and compact view. This is useful if you would like this set of jobs to be considered separately from your other jobs or if the jobs are likely to be handed over to another specific staff member.
It is important to note that the leave function does not have any concept of what a normal day is for that staff member so it records the exact hours that have been entered.
For example, if you set someone as away from Monday 09:00 - Wednesday 17:00 this will be the following:
Monday 09:00 - 00:00 (15 hours)
Tuesday 00:00 - 00:00 (24 hours)
Wednesday 00:00 - 17:00 (17 hours)
Total annual leave booked 56 hours
If you would actually prefer the annual leave to be:
Monday 09:00 - 17:00 (8 hours)
Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00 (8 hours)
Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00 (8 hours)
Total annual leave booked 24 hours
You would need to book the annual leave onto the system as separate days - in this example, you would add annual leave onto the system 3 times, once for each day.
Seeing Leave and Absences
There are four ways to view any leave that has been added onto the system:
- You can see on the staff member's profile, within the Leave tab any historical annual leave that has been added.
- Annual leave for all staff can be seen on the Staff/carer leave planner. This is accessed by going to the menu bar and selecting Staff -> Staff's Leave Planner the days which the staff member has off will be shaded in blue.
- You can also download a report of all leave and absences from Reports -> Absence / Leave Report, entering the Start Date and End Date, then clicking on Load Report
- Any annual leave that has been added will also show on the jobsheets for that staff member