First of all, if a staff member has no availabilities set, Civica Scheduling will treat these staff members as being available at all times.
To set your staff/carers' availabilities you will need to go to "Staff" (In other accounts this may be called "Carers" or "People") at the top of Civica Scheduling and then click on the "Staff's Availability" option.
Once you have loaded this page, you will be able to see a list of all your staff members.
You can set default availabilities (these are ongoing on a fortnightly basis) or single availabilities (just for that specific date) from this page. You can also view the availabilities for a given fortnight for a single staff member.
Setting default availabilities
You can decide what date the availability pattern starts. You can set as many periods of availability as required in a single day - so if you have a staff member who is available first thing in the morning, then at lunch and again in the evening you can do this. You can set availability differently for alternating weeks. The availabilities you set here will remain ongoing until you change them. You can set a date when your availability will change in the future allowing you to have multiple default availabilities.
To speed up the process of setting your staff availabilities for the fortnight period, there are three ways of copying information:
- Copy to W/C... This copies your availability pattern from one week to the following week. If your staff member has a complex pattern of availability across the week and it is the same both weeks this is a useful tool
- Copy for all days If your staff member is normally available for evening shifts every week, you could just set this one day and then copy this pattern to all the days.
- Copy for this week If your staff member is normally available for evening shifts one week and daytime shifts the following week, you could just set the evening shift to Monday week 1 and copy for the week and the daytime shift for Monday week 2 and copy for that week.
- The red minus button removes availability for that day
- The green plus button allows you to have multiple periods of availability within a day. For instance, you might have a staff member who works in the morning, has to pick her children up from school in the afternoon, and then is available again for a couple of hours in the evening.
Multiple default availabilities
If your staff member has a different default availability in the future you can have more than one set of availability stored on the system at once. If you have more than one availability, when you select View Default Availabilities you have a screen that allows you to select the correct period.
Creating a single availability
You can set availability for a specific day - this will take precedence over the default repeating availabilities. The plus and minus button in the same way as setting a default availability. The additional option here is that you can quickly make someone unavailable all day.
Viewing single availabilities
You can see a complete list of all the single availabilities you have created for a given staff member in a complete list.
Viewing staff availabilities for a fortnight
Here you can see your staff availability for a given fortnight. The single availability overrides your default availability pattern.